The great Russian writer Leo Tolstoy once said, “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” The meaning is pretty clear, and just as relevant to the dating scene as it is to the rest of life. Too often singles complain about the lack of decent date options out there and yet are quick to pick apart those that come along. It’s a brutal scene to be in. Maybe one of the best things you can do to increase your chances at finding a relationship would be to turn that critical eye inward for bit and consider if you would want to date you?
First things first, figure out what you are looking for in a long term partner. Some of the top traits that men cite being important in a long term partner are: ambition, intelligence, attractiveness and health, being dependable and emotionally stable. Traits women look for in men to date are intelligence, humor, attentiveness, class and romance. Once you know what you want in a partner, ask yourself if you reflect all those things too. People who put an emphasis on fitness, aren’t likely going to be interested in someone who loafs around and is carrying some extra weight. So putting fitness on the list of traits you’re looking for means you need possess this trait too! If you don’t want a partner who flies of the handle over small things, then don’t be that type of person to someone else.
Find your flaws and start working to improve them! And remember, while your out there looking for the perfect match, to look with an empathetic eye, because you just might look passed “the one”, not realizing that they are working to improve too!
Find all the traits you’re looking for in a long term partner with Glober! Download the app now and search the Globe!
Clarifying uncertainty in relationships is one of the biggest trials of the dating world. Are they as in to you as you are them? Are they interested in something long-term or just playing the field? To help you clarify your partners intentions a little bit better, check out these common signs that their into you for the long-term.
- They have met all your family that are important to you – and added the rest on Facebook
- Trust has been established. Neither party feels the need to question where the other is/was nor snoop through phone messages or emails… Equally though, respect has been established and they will always communicate with you if they are going to be late, or going out somewhere so you aren’t worried.
- They inconvenience themselves to make you happy. It’s a true sign of caring when someone steps outside of their comfort zone or makes a personal sacrifice (even small ones) to ensure that you are happy and taken care of. It’s not something people who aren’t’ serious are likely to do.
- If they include you in decisions. Again, actions like this show they are interested in your happiness, in addition to theirs!
- They show fear of hurting you. Someone who cares about the long-term future of a relationship cares about whether or not they hurt you. They show fear of doing anything to lose your trust, respect, or affections.
- They talk about your future together, and care what you have to say about it.
- They are willing to swallow their pride and show their weaknesses. Equally, once you have done so with them, they are careful never to use those against you or make you feel vulnerable.
- It should go without saying, but frequent touching, doting and attention are all great signs!
The key to longevity is when these signs not only appear, but continue over an extended period of time. It’s obvious that in the beginning of a relationship someones focus is likely to be only on you, this doesn’t mean it’s time for wedding bells though! Make sure that after the initial relationship butterflies, those feels and affections are still to be found!
Find your true love with the location-based mobile app Glober! Find love locally, or globally!
When it comes to the world of dating, it’s good to know what you want, but in this day and age, it also seems habitual to want too much – more than any one human being can be reasonably expected to have. In general, most people tend to think women are pickier daters than men. One could probably trace this back to some evolutionary biology about how women likely have more to lose in the long run, but we’ll leave that to the psychology bloggers! Instead, check out the signs below that maybe you’re a bit on the picky side and consider loosening up your expectations in the future! You might be surprised when Mr. or Mrs. Right makes your list of “musts” disappear!
5 Signs Your Expectations Are Too High
1) You turn down more than half of the dates you’re asked out on for trivial reasons – or you can’t ever find someone worth asking out.
2) You don’t even measure up to a quarter of the traits on your “must” list. Don’t expect others to be the whole package if you’re not either!
3) You’re considering breaking up with or turning down a second date because of his or her text lingo (emoji’s, abbreviations, etc), laugh, accent, or other trivial attribute
4) You’re more concerned with your dates financial or social standing to actually get to know them as a person instead of an asset
5) You refuse a date based on their name
6) His or her favorite band, movie, or book is lame to you. Dating people with different tastes can help to liven things up!
7) You don’t like what they do for a living. Think an accountant sounds boring? Plumber to “blue-collar”? Waitress to “unprofessional”? Get to know them before you judge their occupation – you don’t know where they came from or where they are going until you get to know them.
8) You aren’t willing to alter from “the list” or make any exceptions
9) You haven’t ever had a long-term relationship.
10) You get bored quickly. Remember if a date has turned into a relationship, your partner is not there to entertain you. Things will likely not be as exciting as the ‘dating stage’, but there are better stages that come with time. Don’t throw something good away because your partner doesn’t keep you entertained all the time, they’re not a clown!
Remember that just because you say yes to a second or third date, doesn’t mean you’re committing to a relationship or anything long-term. If there’s any sort of connection, try seeing it through despite the minor flaws. As you spend more time together, those flaws may fade while the attributes grow!
Download Glober to find your perfect match the world over!
photo credit: gareth1953/7976349900/”>gareth1953 the original via
In this day in age where for a lot of people work commutes are long, travel is often necessary, and a growing number of singles are turning to mobile apps or websites to find their match, there are likely more long distance relationships than ever before. Lucky for most, all the modern-day forms of communication make it so much easier to connect across that distance. There still remains the trouble though of how to keep your long distance relationship fresh with your limited resources for fun? Try these tips below to mix things up!
- Reach out with old-fashioned communication by sending a letter. The main thing missing in a long distance relationship is a physical connection. Being able to feel something in your hand associated with your partner and an envelope that carries their scent can do a lot to re-affirm a connection.
- Go one step further with a care package! A simple, out-of-the-blue, for no good reason care package says volumes along the lines of “thinking of you” send some cookies/chocolates, gift card for coffee or a massage, and a mixed cd. Or, send a ‘date package’ with a copy of a movie, bottle of wine and some flowers with plans to meet up on Skype of Facetime on a Saturday night to watch a movie together.
- Plan time together. Depending on your distance, find a cute little halfway spot where you can get together at a bed & breakfast or little cabin for the weekend. Make it a point to meet up on the weekends at least once every three months.
- Schedule regular times to catch up on the more mundane parts of life. Sharing the everyday aspects of our lives are one things that help couples to bond. It’s not the most exciting, but it does help to establish a long-term connection. If you can, try to schedule a chat session everyday at dinner time to talk about how your days went and other daily musings that couples share.
Are you in a long distance relationship? What do you and your partner do to keep from loosing interest?
Download Glober now and connect with singles around the globe!
photo credit: <a href=”https://www.flickr.com/photos/mexicanwave/73489094/”>Mexicanwave</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/”>cc</a>
With wedding season well upon us, there are still a lot of singles out there getting sucked in by the wedding whirlpool. Before you give up and drown though, try these quick tips to turn wedding season into your favorite time of year!
Love Being Single At A Wedding
- Going to a wedding single doesn’t mean you have to go alone! Try to connect with other invited single girls and make it a social outing! Pitch in together on a hotel suite and plan your own after/pre-wedding events when all the couples have headed off together!
- Download an awesome location-based dating app like Glober to see who you get matched with at the wedding. Glober offers the “Shake It Baby” feature and with a shake of your phone, it will match you with another single with similar interests!
- Don’t hang out in the shadows by the punch bowl – put on your biggest smile and charm and mingle with the different groups. You may not know everybody, but if you were invited, you at least know somebody, ask them to introduce you to others. Weddings are great places to meet new people.
- Is the wedding an event you’ll have to travel for? Try taking a few extra days off work and planning a couple of days to yourself or with friends to just relax and vacation! Sitting through the wedding events won’t be so bad if you know you have something awesome to look forward to after!
- Single men – feeling a little nervous about approaching the single girls? It may sound funny, but start by charming the old women! A dance with the grandma will ingratiate you to many of the single girls watching for being both considerate and having a good sense of humor!
- Never underestimate the entertainment value of a couple of drinks, a good friend and some old-fashioned people watching!
Got your own tips on how to enjoy the wedding single? Tell us about it! Don’t forget to download Glober – and tell all your friends, before you next big social event! Play the “Shake It Baby” game!
Originally posted on Thought Catalog:
1. She encourages you to pursue your goals, but she doesn’t micromanage. She trusts you to make the right decisions in your own life. She’s the cheerleader, not the coach.
2. She doesn’t try to make you jealous. She’s secure in her worth, and your ability to recognize how valuable she is. She doesn’t need to play games to “trick” you into seeing her her for what she is.
[tc-related post="306672" align="right"]
3. She doesn’t have a princess complex. She demands that you treat her with respect — but because she is a person you love, not because she is a woman and therefore magically entitled to something. Just as she would expect you to treat your friends and family with respect, she knows you wouldn’t treat her any other way. A high-quality woman wouldn’t be with a man who was…
View original 429 more words
The term “friend zone” really needs no defining introduction. For those lucky enough to be clueless though, it’s the position that many men (men more often than girls) find themselves in where they have more romantic intentions with a girl than the girl has with them (i.e. she see’s the man as a friend instead of boyfriend). Men often complain that girls are only into jerks and that they don’t appreciate all the nice, ‘gentleman’ like qualities they have to offer. Listen up guys – girls do like gentleman like qualities, but they also like a clear, defining aura of masculinity. The key here is to be noticed for your more masculine qualities and then introduce the softer side later. There is a balance that needs to be achieved if you are going to avoid “running with the girls” in a ‘friend zone’.
A lot of the men who find themselves in the position are kinda shy, maybe less the “alpha” stereotype and the number one failing on their part is that they don’t make their intentions clear. Instead of letting a girl know that they like them and just asking her if she’d like to go out on a date and get to know each other better, they try to infiltrate the girls circle – to the extent that they end up hanging out with the girl (good), but doing so in the same way she hangs out with her girlfriends (bad).
There are some very clear signs that you are treading to near the “friend zone”. All flags should go up if she starts talking to you about other guys. A girl who is entertaining romantic thoughts with a man is not likely to cry about her ex, or discuss other men she may be into. If a conversation like this comes up, fess up immediately that you are pretty into her and was hoping that she was, or would consider, being into you. If you don’t speak now, you’re going to waste your time and set yourself up for a long drawn out bout of heartbreak. The friend zone is near impossible to get out of.
In addition to talking to you about other men, you should be aware if she starts talking to you like she does her other girl friends. Girls do not discuss the same things in the same ways with girls that they do with potential boyfriend material. At all costs you need to avoid being associated with more girls than you do guys. Showing an affinity for Twilight (even if it’s her favorite book), is not going to score as many points with her as being into something more commonly associated with guys (Star Trek anyone?).
Make your intentions clear with Glober, a location-based mobile dating app!
photo credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/shaymus22/4040580298/”>DoctorButtsMD</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/”>cc</a>
Guys put a lot of effort into wooing a girl into a date, unfortunately, many tend to waste their efforts by pulling one of these stunts on the first few dates. Respect, once lost is a difficult or downright impossible thing to regain. In the hopes of rescuing gentlemen from around the globe, we’ve compiled this list of deplorable behavior that many fall victim to. Ladies, please feel free to weigh in on what makes you lose respect for a potential suitor – or better yet, what if anything can be done to repair the damage!
- Bad Grammar – It may seem like a simple thing but being able to speak and text intelligently shows at least a moderate level of education and attention to detail. Poor grammar, especially while texting, is a major turn off.
- Being Needy – Neither gender likes a partner who is clingy. You don’t have to be distant, but being available at the drop of a hat 24/7, and over texting are two big things that will make a girl think less of you.
- Not being reliable – Stuff happens and that fine, but a consistent reputation for not just being late physically, but not calling when expected, backing out on plans or any general flakiness is going to get you in the ‘disrespect’ category pretty quick.
- Whining without action – everybody has a bad day and just needs a moment to vent. If you’re new in a relationship though, try to keep it to a minimum and make sure your girl knows that you are just venting. A man who complains without any intention to take action over the issue appears like a weak whiner…
- Being over jealous – Men occasionally will let their eyes wander and often perceive jealousy on their girls part as a sign of insecurity. Girls feel the same way. If your girl smiles at another man, or has a guy friend that’s been around longer than you, make sure your okay with that before you ever consider a relationship. Girls, too, see quick jealousy as a sign of insecurity and are likely to cull the weak!
Start planning your next date with the location-based mobile dating app Glober – and start spreading love around the world!